German-born architect Henry Klumb (1905 - 1984) was active at Puerto Rico during the the second half of the last century.
During his career he designed many important modern buildings on the island including campus master plan for the University of Puerto Rico from 1946 to 1966 and several university buildings. He also designed the San Ignacio of Loyola Parish, the La Rada Hotel, and the landmark churches Iglesia del Carmen and San Martin de Porres in Cataño.
Klumb was also master of residential architecture designing houses for islands elite including custom furniture. These rocking chair and bench made of wood and caning he designed together with Stephen Arneson at the beginning os his Puerto Rico career in 1945. The designs merge his European influences with the local materials and result in beautiful tropical modern style.